BASF invites applications from Startups and R&D Teams Worldwide for the Partner Up Challenge to Partner up with the world-leading chemical company in 2020.
The trends of urbanisation, digitalization, and sustainability have significantly influenced consumers, as they increasingly demand more innovative solutions from providers of personal care products.
Consumers have been more conscious of the effect of their products on the environment, seek transparency on ingredients, and expect convenient buying methods. On the technical and production side, the ability for new players to enter the personal care space is becoming easier as market barriers fall. New companies can establish themselves at the local level and have global impact.
BASF is a leader in the chemical industry, differentiating itself from the competition by effectively translating consumer trends into real solutions. In 2018, BASF’s Care Chemicals segment, which includes ingredients for cosmetics, detergent and cleaner industries, agrochemical and technical applications, and hygiene generated in 4.913M€ worldwide sales.
The industry continues to change, and BASF must adapt to changing B2B buying behaviour and the increasing space of the market. BASF is continually looking to enhance its offerings to its customers, ultimately enabling personal care product providers to better serve consumers.
Worth of Award
- The winning team will receive €15,000
- The second team will receive €10,000
- The third team will receive €5,000
- The three best startups of the challenge will be invited for the final to meet BASF Top Management. Your travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by BASF.
This Challenge is open and offered solely to:
- A business entity, regardless of its business area. Startups may be required, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to provide proof of (i) company registration by submitting a registration certificate issued within the last three (3) months, or ongoing company registration, or any trade registry and proof ensuring the registration of the entity in the relevant country, and (ii) a valid professional insurance policy subscription. Consumers (=natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes that predominantly are outside his trade, business or profession) are not eligible.
- All the documents that may confirm the Participant’s eligibility will be required prior to awarding any prizes (e.g. identity document, registration certificate etc.). A consortium is not eligible.
- This Challenge is not open to employees and representatives of the Sponsor and/or its affiliates, existing contracting party to Sponsor, competitors to Sponsor and Agorize and the members of their families and/or affiliates.
- This Challenge is void in countries where it is prohibited or restricted by law.
How to Apply for the BASF Partner Up Challenge 2020:
- You can apply online
- In this first stage, there will be a small form to fill in. Then in the format of your choosing, you need to convince that you are the right partner to imagine the future with.
- Describe your product, your service, your activity. Don’t forget to explain how you see yourself working with BASF! This will be crucial to be one of the 15 selected startups for Stage 2.
- From April 19th, 2 weeks of voting process among BASF’s collaborators will follow to select the startups that will reach Stage 2!