The University of Geneva in Switzerland announces vacancy for the Fully-funded Excellence Masters Fellowship for 2020. The Faculty of Science has established an Excellence Fellowship program with the support of external partners. The main aim of the program is to open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. This opportunity is open to all the students who wish to pursue a Masters level education at the University of Geneva.
The University of Geneva is a public research university in Geneva Switzerland. The university holds and actively pursues teaching, research, and community service as its primary objectives. Furthermore, in 2016, it was ranked 53rd worldwide by the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities; 89th by the QS World University Rankings; and also 131st in the TIMES Higher Education World University Ranking
Altogether, the Excellence Fellowship amounts from CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 per year. It will be awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s program (three or four semesters). However, the applicant must demonstrate an academically successful record at the end of his/her first semester of studies to maintain the award.
You must meet the admission criteria of the Master of your choice to qualify for this Fully-Funded Fellowship at the University of Geneva. Not only be eligible for admission but the university must accept you to study Masters in the course of your preference if you choose to apply for this opportunity. The selection process depends upon your excellence and prowess so you must demonstrate the high distinction and brilliance.
Application process for the Fellowship at University of Geneva:
Candidate must apply online. And the application must be either in English or in French.
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport as well as a scan of your UNIGE card or if you are not yet a UNIGE student, the mail of the central administration named “accuse-reception de votre demande d’immatriculation” (proof you have started the matriculation process).
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a
- Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to [email protected]) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Furthermore, any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language tests.