Global change-makers invites application from suitably qualified Africans for its summit and competition in Switzerland, 2020.
In honour of the upcoming launch of their blog, they are hosting their first essay competition. They invite anyone aged 15-30 from anywhere in the world to share their views, stories, creative writing pieces, journalism pieces, personal experiences, opinions, etc. on the overarching competition theme of ‘We Are Global Changemakers: Young People Leading The Change’.
Here are some prompts to inspire ideas:
- Youth and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Youth-led organizations
- Youth participation
- Youth and social innovation
- Youth-led activism
- Youth civic engagement
- Youth-led social entrepreneurship
- Your own choice relating to Global Changemakers’ mission of supporting youth to create positive change towards more fair, inclusive and sustainable communities.
Worth of Award
- The winners will receive free access to resources available on Changemakers School* for a period of 6 months and will be featured on Global Changemakers social media channels (160K+ reach)
- The runners up will receive a 50% discount to resources available on Changemakers School for a period of 6 months.
- Winners, runners up and honourable mentions will receive certificates, will be published on our upcoming blog We Are Global Changemakers and will receive an open invitation to contribute to the blog.
Eligibility of the Global Changemakers Summit:
- This competition is aiming to bring together young people’s views on the theme We Are Global Changemakers: Young People Leading The Change.
- Anyone between the ages of 15-to-30 from any country is eligible to submit an entry to the competition.
- Global Changemakers celebrates diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, profession or other persuasions in any of its activities or operations.
- These activities include, but are not limited to: selection of participants in our programmes, selection of winners in our competitions, volunteers and vendors, and provision of services as well as hiring and firing of staff.
How to Apply for the Global Changemakers Summit:
Applicants should apply online via their website.
Deadline: application closes before March 15, 2020 midnight Central European Time