Do you have a plan to study in the United States? If yes, then go ahead and apply for the Leeward CC International Student Scholarship which is designed by the Leeward Community College.
The program is open to all students from all over the world who intend to begin their undergraduate studies at the College for the session 2020/21.
Established in 1986, Leeward Community College is a part of the University of Hawaii system. It is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges recognized by the Council for Higher Education and the U.S. Department of Education.
Why at Leeward Community College? This is a wonderful college to fulfil your educational goals. It provides world-class education and also supports students with administrative services of the highest quality.
Application Deadline: Accept applications throughout the year.
Brief Description of the Student Scholarship at Leeward:
- University: Leeward Community College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $500 per semester
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from all over the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject area.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or you must have completed high school or the equivalent.
- Must carry 12 credits at Leeward during the semester(s) of the award.
- Must be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree or certificate.
How to Apply of the Student Scholarship at Leeward:
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity, applicants are required to take admission at the Leeward Community College. Thereafter, they can only access the application through the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, submit the following documents:
- UH-Leeward Community College International Student Application Form and Application Instructions.
- Nonrefundable Application Fee of $25 (credit program) or $100 (English Language Institute)
- Bank Statement: The person responsible for payment must: 1) fill out and sign the Affidavit of Support Form and 2) send bank statement of sufficient funds. (*Note: If the sponsor is U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, he/she should also fill out Form I-134.) Copies of bank statements are acceptable for application processing, but originals must be provided upon arrival. (Exception: U.S. Sponsors must provide original documents.)
- A Copy of Your Passport: Required to verify the correct spelling and punctuation of your name.
- If under 18 years of age, certification of high school completion.
- If applying directly to the credit program, test scores must be sent directly to Leeward CC International Programs Office. You must have a minimum TOEFL score of 61iBT (500PBT), or IELTS score of 5.5, or STEP EIKEN 2A, or ITEP 4, or GTEC 1076.
For students Transferring from any U.S. college or university:
- Submit the Transfer-In form, completed and signed by your current U.S. institution. See our Forms Page
- Submit a copy of I-20 from your current U.S. institution.
- Students who have attended a college or university prior to Leeward may be eligible to transfer some or all of their credits for use towards a Leeward degree. Requests for evaluation of such credits may be made after acceptance and the initial advising appointment.
- TOEFL Requirement: If you have completed English 100 or an equivalent course at a U.S. university/college, the TOEFL requirement may be waived. Submit a copy of your transcripts with your application and contact us for more information.
- Admission Requirements: For admission requirement, candidates must have completed at least 12 credits at Leeward CC; with a 2.8 cumulative grade point average.
- Language Requirement: You must have a minimum TOEFL score of 61iBT (500PBT), or IELTS score of 5.5, or STEP EIKEN 2A, or GTEC 1076.
The university will provide an award amount of $500 per semester to the deserving candidate during their course.